- Active member; who was elected according to the rules of the society.
- Honorary member; a highly-qualified ophthalmologist, or an ophthalmologist who offered a well-recognized services to the society,
can be promoted and elected as an honorary member.
- He should be legally competent for political rights.
- He should be medically certified according to Egyptian rules.
- Egyptian physicians should be members of the physician’s syndicate, while non-Egyptians are promoted and elected according to society regulations.
Membership is terminated in case of:
- Written resignation.
- Loss of requirement’s fulfillment.
- Unethical or undignified behavior.
Payment delay of the annual fee for 3 successive years