2-Global Ophthalmology Awards Program (GOAP)
:Your opportunity to receive a grant that could enable you to
- Make significant contributions to research in ophthalmology.
- Complete further investigations/experiments.
- Contribute to tangible benefits for patients with retinal disorders.
- Improve patient access to high-quality eye care.
- Increase disease understanding and dissemination of scientific knowledge through publications.
What categories of awards are available?
- Fellowship award – for applicants who have completed ophthalmology training and their research proposal is part of training to become a retinal specialist
- Research award – for applicants who hold an MD/PhD and are affiliated with a facility that carries out ophthalmology research. Applicants must have qualified as an ophthalmology specialist within the past 10 years or are currently training to become an ophthalmology specialist in the future or have received a PhD qualification within the past 10 years (whichever qualification was received first).
?How to apply
- Submit a brief Letter of Intent summarizing your main objectives. Download the form by visiting the GOAP Website – the submission deadline is February 1, 2019.
- If successful, you will be asked to provide a more detailed proposal, including rationale and justification, by May 15, 2019.
- Successful applicants will be notified of award and asked to sign a letter of acceptance.